Jeffé watched the Golden Globes in high def, which he claimed was quite an eye-opening experience (Actual text message comment: "These people all look like shit in HD.") Apparently, there's even an "official" annual list of Best & Worst' Celebrities in HDTV.
JEFFé's review of the 2006 Golden Globes (in regular definition, duh. My comments in italics.)
"Watching the Golden Globes last night was absolutely boring.
However, a few musings:
1. Most stars look awful on stage in High Definition. One that stands out is Debra Messing. With that towering inferno of hair she looked like a banshee fresh from the bog.
2. Johnny Depp did not want to be there and hated everyone in the room.
3. Felicity Huffman gave a good genuine acceptance speech. (Blogorelli: Yep, she was definitely this year's "Halley.")
4. Anthony Hopkins is a fine actor but doesn't have a lot of range. When you hire Anthony, you pretty much know what you're getting.
5. Scarlett Johansson is adorable. Really, the only reason I kept watching was to catch the few fleeting glimpses of her.
6. I'm glad P.S.Hoffman is finally being recognized. (Blogorelli: Supposedly Heath Ledger mouthed "What the fuck?!?" after he lost to P.S.Hoff, but I agree that he deserved the award...even if he should have shaved before the ceremony.)
7. That Israeli dude who directed Paradise Now said 'Fuck' in his speech.
8. Mariah Carey is a trainwreck. (Blogorelli: Totally. Who let the Mariah out? Woof woof woof...woof.)"