This morning, my co-worker mentioned that she is starting a "Pet Peeves " list. I don't know if this document will serve as a sort of warning to those of us who know her or merely something for her to think about on the T. I remarked that I was living one of my pet peeves at that very moment: my knee socks didn't reach above the tops of my boots; I hate the way boot insides feel against bare legs.
Turns out that my co-worker shares the boot peeve. I'm curious to know what else really gets under her skin because, to me, these little things that have the capacity to drive each of us silently crazy are a "tell' to the most secret parts of our personalities.
FRIDAY MEME: List your pet peeves (this may be a repeat topic, but one that's worth an update)
- Boot insides against bare legs
- Loud eating (mostly crunchy foods)
- Car dealerships putting their branding on cars they sell, usually a sticker or non-removable medallion
- Having my eye on some product and an acquaintance buying it before I can
- Sniffling but not blowing one's nose
- Talking on a cell phone in ANY enclosed small area
- Obnoxiously shameless self-promoters
- 'Lazy' walkers (you know them, the ones who meander left and right, go fast them slow and basically seem undirected in walking and life)
- Ridiculously loud sneezers