Tonight, The Prof returns home from his extended business trip. He mentioned on his blog that this trip marks the most nights we've spent apart (6) since combining households. I can't wait to see him at the airport tomorrow, but I must admit that I've enjoyed these past nights at home alone. For one thing, I get to use his new computer, which is sweeeeet...abeit a bit of retina burning due to its extremely bright screen.
A few other things I've discovered during my "singleton swan song" at Castle Murforelli:
- I like to brush my teeth in the shower
- Coffee is hotter in my to-go mug when I set the timer for 7:30 instead of 7:00 on the pot's timer
- I need a bigger computer monitor
- Bourbon just tastes better when consumed after 11 pm
- I hate to unload the dishwasher
- Despite my utter fear of the oil system, our apartment heat does work
- I do not know how to mow a lawn or roast a chicken
- Just tonight, I executed a perfectly round bun (see photo below for proof)
The BKP and I had some quality girl time, too, since Saturday. She's slept with me every night, and joined me for a hot cuppa and some magazines before bedtime. I guess, though, that I need more companionship than that of a non-speaking cat. So, BKP -- talk!...or, Mark, come home (and start growing that winter beard! Hubba hubba.)
Below: The (Blog)orelli Gals. BKP Sophia is such a camera whore!